Thursday, January 1, 2009

Happy New year!!!

No I didn't stay up and watch the ball drop.
Things were kind of hectic here yesterday.
We had 5 Adults 1 teen and 3 munchkins in the house trying to work on the bathroom.
I got off work at noon came home and was going to help but it was a real circus.
So I ended up going to the woods and cutting some firewood.
Dad had been here a day or so ago and cut up the big stuff we had hauled up to the house.
My poulan is just not powerful enough to cut the bigger stuff, it takes way too much energy on my part to try to cut it, then I am totally wasted to do anything else.

My BP was 136/70 when I stopped by the doctor on Tues, so that's better.
I am looking into a more natural method of controlling it. I don't want to be dependent on drugs.
I know it's my own fault from my diet and lack of systematic exercise... although cutting firewood for three or four hours a weekend meets the requirements the doctor gave me for exercise, it hasn't been enough.
As I said in an earlier post middle age has snuck up on me and I now have to take my lifestyle seriously.

I have a co-worker who lost his job yesterday so please keep him in your prayers. He is taking it very hard.
Felt really strange wishing him a happy new year when we both new he was unemployed.

I hope you and yours will take today and reflect on where you have come from up to this point and where you are headed in the new year.

Still clinging to my God and my guns,
Randy

No comments: