Thursday, June 9, 2011

1899 home

Yes I started another blog.

1899 home

Like I have nothing better to do, plus I don't write content here like I should.
But anyway....

I came across my great-great grandmothers cookbook in this old house.
It was published in 1894 and is full of wisdom for the home (which is common in those old cookbooks).

Plus there are several newspaper clippings and hand written recipes to go along with the book.
Being the bibliophile that I am I also have a couple other books from the same era that have wisdom of the age to share.

So... I find all that info just too cool to not pass on.


Still clinging to my God and my guns,
Randy

2 comments:

brosil said...

I have a fair number of cookbooks from that period including one by Escoffier. Every once in a while, I'll try an old recipe. There's a bunch of old cookbooks online that I've downloaded. Good stuff!

irishhillstrish said...

I really enjoy old cookbooks, and often pick them up in antique stores for a song. Some of the recipes are wonderful, as is the common sense approach to cooking and preserving.