Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Are YOU prepared to defy the United States government?

Today while driving to work I was listening to Chuck Colson on Breakpoint. He was talking about the Obama regime's Contraception mandate and how it affects all Christians not just Catholics.
You can read his commentary HERE. I like what Chuck has to say most of the time, and this time he is spot on.

The Obama regime is trying to force its will down the throat of religious organizations by claiming the first amendment only applies to churches. If you have been following Obamas attack on religion you are aware of the use of the term "freedom of worship" replacing " freedom of religion". Freedom of worship is a personal and private thing done out of the public sphere...Hitler was big on freedom of worship. Freedom of religion on the other hand is lived out in all aspects of your life including the public sphere.

This systematic attack seems very deliberate and could eventually lead to blood in the streets. (but then that is what many in the occupy movement want) Blood in the street just in time for the election. I have heard before every election since Clinton that the sitting president will declare martial law so they don't have to give up power. I have always thought this was a bunch of hooey. This time I can see it happening.

Why?

Because the Catholics won't back down from this...and we as Evangelicals should be right there with them.
Chuck mentioned in his article Yesterdays OP-ED by Michael Gerson in the Washington post....The poor pay the price for Obama's policies  This outstanding piece points out how much people depend on religious organizations.

If the Obama regime forces them out of business there will be a huge price to pay, both in dollars for the government trying to fill the gigantic gap left behind, and morally/socially for the lack of humanity inherently present when someone serves out of love instead of a paycheck.

Again why should we stand together...?

Read the Manhattan Declaration...The Key point... We will fully and ungrudgingly render to Caesar what is Caesar's. But under no circumstances will we render to Caesar what is God's.

They also have a petition  to sign about the contraception mandate HERE19,206 people have signed when I posted this.

One more time WHY should we stand together...

Because those who fail to learn from history are doomed to repeat it...
I will leave you with the words of Martin Niemoller (1892-1984)



First they came for the communists,
and I didn't speak out because I wasn't a communist.
Then they came for the trade unionists,
and I didn't speak out because I wasn't a trade unionist.
Then they came for the Jews,
and I didn't speak out because I wasn't a Jew.
Then they came for the Catholics,
and I didn't speak out because I was Protestant.
Then they came for me
and there was no one left to speak out for me.

Still clinging to my God and my guns,
Randy


 

1 comment:

Stone Eck said...

I am a 14 year military vet, and I have seen freedom in this country turn into a Illusion....I agree with your blog, we are being attacked on all fronts in this country...I am homeless, because I choose so, I feel safer being out here, that is a crazy thought for some, but for me it works...God bless, and 'Dissent is Patriotic". I truly believe that...