Wednesday, June 12, 2013

30 Days of Survival - Day 10 - Eat a meal of wild plants

On day nine we learned  to identify some local edible plants in your area.

What we are going to do for day 10 is go out, gather some of those plants and eat them for a meal.

Okay I will give you a break you can eat them with a meal instead.

A simple way to eat the salad greens is to wash them and mix them in a bowl and sprinkle some vinegar over them. If you want to cook them boil them in some water, change the water, then eat with some salt, pepper and butter on top.

I cooked a mix of wide and narrow plantain, clover and ground ivy. A little bitter but hey it's food.  I then ate a few handfulls of mulberries.

A note on my "day 8" post...it accidentally got deleted...but I was able to recover it with the help of some internet searching...Remember what I said about looking for your own information...well it works

Still clinging to my God and my guns,

Randy


No comments: