Saturday, August 31, 2013

E. B. White I feel your pain

E. B. White author of Charlotte's' Web lived and wrote on a small farm in North Brooklin, Maine. While mainly a writer he liked to think of himself as a farmer also.

He lamented about his time spent writing as being detrimental to his farm and time spent farming as being time spent wasted while he should be writing.

As my writing picks up more and more I am spending less and less time doing anything on the homestead. I can't even keep ahead of the mowing at this point. I need to make enough writing to get a big mower for my tractor so it will get done quicker.

I haven't even gotten my chainsaw mill out of the package this summer. I had all these plans of cutting up the walnut and cherry logs I had saved from the wood furnace.

My 12 volt conversion for my Ford tractor is still in the box sitting by my chair...I do need to get that installed before winter.

I have several writing projects on the line at the moment...I have a couple articles coming out in a magazine (I'll let you know when it comes out) and just bid on writing an ebook this morning. I have ongoing commitments to a couple websites now. So as you can see I am getting busier, and I hope someday to do this for a living and be going back and forth just like E. B. White.

Still clinging to my God and my guns,
Randy

1 comment:

brosil said...

Come on, Randy. You know it's the 9-5 job holding you back just like mine is. I get to retire in under 3 years or sooner if civilization collapses. Then I can really farm, well, maybe after my nap.